O Advent Wreath Sing A-long

Welcoming in this second week of Advent with some creativity love! I came across a creative Advent challenge by @BarbinNebraska with a tech twist that I couldn't pass up. Those following me on social media know I can't pass up a good social media challenge. :) Anyway, the challenge was to design an Advent wreath with Minecraft. Quite creative right!?  My kids are so into this game and I found it to be a perfect way to evangelize by integrating their faith life with their tech life; this is tech-vangelist after all! They had fun with this. I just might have had more fun with the idea of the project. :) Below is a picture of my daughter's design. My son missed the deadline. I tell ya Admin is rough around here. lol. I will have to do an update post with his contribution later.
To compliment their tech-vangelist creativeness let's gather 'round the Advent wreath and do some caroling! Sing with me O Advent Wreath a little diddley to the tune of O Christmas Tree. If you need a bit of a reminder of the melody click here for the instrumental background music to the words below. We are caroling together here folks! One, two, ready go! (Second to last verse is my fav)
MinecraftAdventWreath.Tech-vangelistorginal
Advent wreath created with Minecraft designed by BFelter

O Advent wreath, O Advent wreath
Thy leaves are so unchanging

O Advent wreath, O Advent wreath
Thy leaves are so unchanging

Not only green when summers here
But also when its cold and drear

O Advent wreath, O Advent wreath
Thy leaves are so unchanging

MmMmmmMmm


O Advent wreath, O Advent wreath
Such pleasure do you bring us
O Advent wreath, O Advent wreath
Such pleasure do you bring us

Oh every year this Advent wreath
Brings to us such joy and glee

O Advent wreath, O Advent wreath
Such pleasure do you bring us

(sleep in heavenly, sleep in heavenly)


 O Advent wreath, O Advent wreath
Oh ever green unchanging
A symbol of unending love 

 You'll ever be unchanging
Each shining light proclaims noel
No other light spreads cheer so well

O Advent wreath, O Advent wreath
You'll ever be unchanging

Bravo! Beautiful singing voices! Now fix yourself a cup of hot tea to soothe those vocal cords and click through to Catholicmom.com Advent wreath link-up. Enjoy a tour of Advent wreaths around the globe all from the comfort of where ever you are. 

Because too much Advent is not a thing, click though to Advent Week 2 link-up going on at CatholicBloggersNetwork.com.
Tis the season to #spreadjoy ya'll!

5 comments: